Thursday, July 17, 2008

looking sideways?

Things aren't necessarily looking up or down, so I'll just say they're looking sideways for now. The beginning of 28 Day Detox was like the first few days after a breakup when you feel, not quite right, but like you're on a high for all the emotion and adrenaline...or like the hangover in the morning when you're running on fumes and something about it makes you giddy. Well in both scenarios, time catches up with you and you end up feeling exhausted and shitty.

I'm totally coming to terms with the fact that I need some healing time. I put a lot of stuff on the backburner and it's all coming out now in forms of weeping and depression and anger and frustration. In the first 10 days, I tried to deal with healing on my own without really opening up about it too much. Mostly because everyone has heard quite enough about the Trials and Tribs of Katie. But yesterday I discovered that I really do need a support system in order to truly hash everything out. Only this time, I'm trying to use that support system as a way to bounce around ideas and emotions, rather than purely venting my anguish. I think it worked well because I did feel better today.

It's hard not to let the unfairnesses of life drag you down. It's hard not to dwell on that sort of thing and let it consume you until you can't breathe and you wonder if you'll ever feel normal again. But as cliche as it sounds, time heals all wounds and while I'm waiting, I've got lots of stuff to preoccupy my mind...in a HEALTHY way, as opposed to a way to postpone the inevitable explosion of ugly wrath that's bubbling under the surface! As I've said to many a person this week, my only hope is that I'll get to look back one day, with someone new and so much better for me, and say: "why the hell did I spend so much emotional energy on that OTHER situation??!" Until then!

Well, enough of that wah wah blabber, let's get our update on, sheesh!

#12 - While I continue to miss the 26 Things photography project, a different sort of photo project entitled "Q&A" is up and has no end due date, so I think I'll take a stab at that!

#45 - The two recipes I've made this month are a. apple caramel pound cake ice cream deliciousness for the 4th of July, and b. "Miss Leslie's Divine Ham Salad" or whatever it's called, from a Rachael Ray cookbook (#46).

#68 - I ate a heck of a lot at camp this past weekend and that was glorious!! But I think I worked it all off setting up/taking down camp, building camp fires, making a sand turtle and baby, and playing bags on the beach...

#80 - I am NOT rocking the budget...I don't think I have since last fall or something insane. Gotta get back there...

#83 - I've been slacking on savings too. Now that I no longer get money back from $$ I loaned out, and I have a new car payment every month, the savings train has come to a stop...except for the dollar a day, of course...but $30/mo is NOT really saving.

#87 - A coworker suggested I listen to Albert Hammond, Jr., from the Strokes, now solo. I really love! I listened to the album like six times over the last week!

#95 - I picked up Of Human Bondage to fulfill the second of the three classics.

And that's all I got! I honestly have a ton to look forward to in the coming months, so I'm hoping for my sideways glance to start heading upward way soon. Please please!

No comments: