Monday, April 27, 2009

I gotta get going here...

#45 - It's almost the end of the month, and I've got all my recipes in thank pete! They were some REAL good ones too...

1. Apricot Orange Crescent Rolls for Easter Brunch
Mix together 1/4 cup apricot preserves and 1/4 cup orange marmalade (helps to microwave for 20 seconds to loosen it up). Separate and roll out Pillsbury Crescent Rolls onto a baking sheet and preheat oven to package directions. Spread a layer of the fruit mix onto each triangle with the back of a spoon and roll into crescents. Beat one egg with a little water and brush each roll with the egg wash. Sprinkle sliced almonds and toasted sesame seeds on top of all the rolls. Bake per package directions, until golden on top.

2. Brie and Cauliflower Stuffed Potato
Just as it sounds...bake a potato for 45 mins or so. Be sure to smear EVOO all over the potato to make the skin crispy! Also poke holes in the potato about half way through baking. Scoop out the potato yummness and mix it with a triangle of brie cheese and some chopped cauliflower. Put the mixture back into the skin and the potato back in the oven for another 15 minutes.

3. PB&J Drummies with Asian Slaw
Mmmmmmm this was absolutely AMAZING! Recipe is in a book at home, so I'll have to add it later!
*PS I used my atypical produce (#50), Radicchio, in the Asian slaw...perfect!

4. Salmon with Brie and Apples
This one sounds weird (salmon and cheese and apples?!?!) but I was completely taken aback by the perfect combination of flavors and cannot WAIT to have it again!!!
Preheat oven to 350. Rub 1-2 salmon fillets with salt, pepper, paprika, and minced garlic. Sear the fillets, first skin side down, in a hot pan with EVOO for about 4 minutes. While searing the other side, pull skin off the top with a fork (should come off easily). Sear the former-skin side for another minute, and top with several pieces of brie cheese, place on foil lined baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes or until salmon is flaky. Meanwhile, peel off the skin of a Gala apple and cube. Heat in a pan with a TB or two of butter, a pinch of salt, and a touch of honey. Simmer for 10 minutes plus, until the apples are soft. Serve over the baked salmon.

#63 is in the works...Mandsi and I did a thorough cleaning before Casey visited, I organized the hallway and bathroom closets, and now we just need to tackle the kitchen...the snakes. I also need to organize my bedroom closet and give a TON of stuff to Goodwill!

#68 - I went to Kopp's AGAIN when Casey was here...and I also just pretty much ate whatever I wanted the entire week he was here. So I need to take a break from all that mos def. I feel like the biggest bloato baggins ever and I don't think I'm getting enough produce in my life!

#79 & #98 will be in the works VERY soon with my SUPER AWESOME HipsterCache idea!! More later!

#82 - I have yet to actually put any money into savings :( It's virtually May and I haven't done anything so not only am I behind on my $1/day savings, but this $25/mo additional savings. The way I see it, I'm behind by $220. Do I have that much to move over?? I guess I'll take a gander at my checking account this afternoon and see.

#87 - New artists! There were a few this month and now they're all escaping me. I've enjoyed individual songs by the following, however: She & Him, Friendly Fires, Buck 65, Emiliana Torrini, and Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings. OH! And I DID fall in love with Jessica Lea Mayfield at the Ray LaMontagne show the other night :)

In other news, like I ALWAYS seem to say, "I gotta get going here." On CREATIVE PROJECTS!! C'mon Katie! Currently I have nothing pending, aside from my portfolio site, so I could really take advantage of the time. What time? That's the problem. My schedule for the next few months is totally insane. I'm seriously going to have to buckle down on the week days if I truly want to get anything done. I just have to bite the bullet and make a strict schedule on how to at LEAST get started. I know I keep saying that. I wish there was a magic wand available for purchase that could make me DO it.

Finally, for next month I'm going to eat Bok Choy and give up sweet bakery again because it is RUNNING MY LIFE RIGHT NOW! No more!!!

4 comments:

Monica O'Neill said...

You should make Silly Baby photo shoot a creative project and cross that off your list this summer! Yay!

Miss Organizized said...

That will DEFINITELY be a creative project!!! And one that I'm VERY much looking forward to :)

Monica O'Neill said...

Yea, I was thinking about it yesterday when I was "nesting" and I have an idea for a great picture you'll LOVE! Me in my Theriot jersey, Tim in his O'Neill jersey and Silly Baby in his/her "First Cubs Shirt"!!!!!!!!!

Miss Organizized said...

YESSSSS!!!!! That's the best idea YET!!!