Wednesday, October 28, 2009

One more day.

First off, the final update:

#45 October recipes:
-Spaghetti squash with creamy chicken
-Pumpkin bars
-Chickpea stew with cranberry sauce
-Beer chili!

#51 & #99 6am wake up call!
I knocked out both these tasks when I decided to get up at 6am on all weekdays. Really the only times I failed were mornings when my sister's boyfriend got in the shower at 6am and I didn't feel like waiting, so slept instead ;) There was one other time when it was just so dark and dreary outside and I couldn't bear to open my eyes.

#87 New-to-me Music
I never really updated the last four month's worth of new music, but they are as follows:
-Pete Yorn and Scarlett Johansson (clearly I love Pete Yorn, and despite my semi-loathing of Scarlett, this album is wonderful!!
-Julian Plenti is...Skyscraper (clearly I love Interpol and Paul Banks' solo project is just as kickass.
-Spring Awakening (not only did I thoroughly enjoy this via my headphones, but I went ahead and checked out the actual show a few weeks ago here in Mke.
-Missy Higgins (she has a lovely voice and she is clearly Australian!)

***

Next up, tasks I sort of finished:

#46 Cookbook recipes
I got halfway through my 50 "Get Recipes from a Cookbook" task. I find that cookbook recipes are just sort of frustrating. For example, I like allrecipes.com because there are tons of reviews and tips and tricks to make the recipe just right. NEEDED in today's economy where you can't really afford to fuck up the $30 grocery bill you just paid! Over all, I probably made at least 130 new recipes (4 new per month for 33 months)...so I think I can cross THIS badboy off my list.

#50 Atypical produce
Alright, so I missed ONE atypical food...stupid blackberries. There are plenty at the store too. But considering the fact that I put 32 atypical produce items to work over the last 2.75 years, I'm gonna call this one a wash.

#54 Haircut
I missed the last two out of 12 haircuts. Just don't have the $50 to spend. Plus I'm growing it out now, so there.

#63 Apt ReOrg
I have yet to get started, but obviously this task will be done by Dec 31st. I did create SEVERAL lists of what needs to be done, however, so we're golden on this one.

#73 Parking Nazis
Ok so I never actually did this task. But one night when I was outside, I noticed my sister's boyfriend's car wasn't in a good spot, aka: he was definitely going to get a ticket. And knowing he had already received two that week, I offered him up my spot. This meant I had to take the bad spot though. Sure enough, the next morning there was a bright shiny ticket in my windshield. So $30 later, I think I deserve to cross this bad boy off my list :)

#69 Blood
Yikes, I didn't even get halfway through my 12x blood donations. But here are two posts that will be my defense.
Slow Blood and the Faux Mac
Oozing Hot Blue Liquidish Stuff
Yeah. The defense rests.

#82 Savings
1. The economy took a nosedive
2. I bought a car and have $170/mo payments
Nuff said.

#83 $1/day for 1001 days = $1001
Nope. I stopped months ago. But I'm sure I made it to like $800 or so. Which I spent in Vegas, groceries, running shoes, and other "list-related" tasks.

***

And finally, aside from my "artistic projects," here are the tasks I just didn't do...at all (and not too many, thankyouverymuch!)

#19 Open field
I was single for about half of the length of this list, give or take. So I didn't really get to squeeze in the exhibitionist shenanigans I would've liked to. But I did get somethin somethin' in a foresty area in Door County and I did make out with someone in the woman's bathroom stall on the 23rd floor of the Pfister Hotel. I'll take it!

#23 Seadog Sailing
See #82. I can't spend my money on such frivolous things. (Who am I kidding, I REEAAALLLY wanted to do this. wah wahhhhhh)

#91 Rock climbing
I thought I'd have the guts to go in and try this, but apparently not. Also, on my trip to the U.P. I decided I would not make for a good rockclimber. I do have a lot of courage when it comes to doing adventurous things, but perhaps my new love of running gives me some pause when it comes to possibly breaking my legs.

***

And that's that! Tomorrow I will conclude this list in two ways:
1. Summarizing of all the things I learned and enjoyed!
2. Discussing the possibility of a new blog: 101 Things in 1001 Days: The Denouement. (I can already hear the groans, but I do need to take care of all the artistic projects I left by the wayside.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.