Monday, April 23, 2007

slacker

I feel like I'm not doing very well on my list lately. I NEED TO GET ORGANIZIZED!! I'm puttering out! And there's no real reason. I mean I'm "busy" but I'm going to get even busier so that can't be my excuse. Well, here are some updates and then I think I'll make a serious To Do List.

39. Walking
It was definitely above 60 degrees this weekend, although maybe not necessarily by the lake, and not at the time of day I walked (7:30-8:30pm). But Saturday I walked around the lakefront, drooled over the million dollar lakefront condos per usual, and then decided to stop for a drink (yes by myself!) at this bar Bad Genie and read this book of my sister's: Story of My life by Jay McInerney. It reads like Catcher in the Rye set in the coked out '80s from a female point of view. Good stuff! Then Sunday, John and I walked around the lakefront, again, I drooled over the million dollar condo highrise.

45. Recipes 4/4
Shrimp and Beef Mexi Kabobs - 4.22
This is sort of a halvsies recipe as I kinda made it up...the marinade I looked up though. We grilled out yesterday and I made these 'bobs with onions and peppers along with a mexican salad with black beans, corn, avocado, green onions, etc.
I use the other "half" of my recipe when I somehow get on top of #50 and the artichoke hearts.

51. Guilty Pleasure food
This sweet bakery business is killing me. You seriously don't realize how much bakery you stuff into your mouth on a daily basis until you cut it out of your diet. What I wouldn't give for a bagel right now...seriously.

75. Treats to work 3/8
Like I've mentioned, we have happy half hour at work every Friday and people sign up to bring booze and snacks. Well last Friday, no one signed up the lame-o's! So John, Mandsi, Nicole and I pulled together and purchased some vino, beer, spinach dip and hummus. It was sparse, but at least it happened! Because we need happy hour at work?? ha!

80. Budget
Ugh, no comment :\

95. 10 Books 1/10
Well I started Story of My Life on Saturday at the bar and finished it Sunday night. Yeah. And reading Atlas Shrugged has been at LEAST three years in the making. Yikes.

101. Wedding
My first maid of honor duty went very well! Monica, her mom, and I had a ton of fun at the expo! AND it inspired me to create this in depth binder of invitation information. I came up with all kinds of details and quotes and websites and examples, and then created six mockups. It was so much fun to do and, when I presented to Monica and Tim this past Friday, she said she was speechless...which is very rare in Monica's case ;) Then on Sunday, Monica, a fellow bridesmaid, and I tried on dressed at David's Bridal. Always a good time :)


TO DO LIST!

•I need to get on spring photos. The leaf buds are already forming and I'm totally gonna miss it!
•I have to do something about this Pilates business...I have to rewatch the dvd, write down the exercises, and DOOOOOOO THEM!!!
•I need to organize my project list and figure out what I'm going to work on this summer once tv doesn't dictate my every waking moment :\
•I need to decorate my bedroom before it gets too hot up there!
•I HAAAAVE to do one of the following or combine them into one huge task: inspirational note/cd/hipster geocache.
•I should figure out my budget...but I'll leave that to the new quarter reassessment
•Finish these [one] books I've still got going...come ON Katie, look alive!

Let's see if I can at least pull off ONE of these tasks. Jeez.

No comments: