Friday, August 17, 2007

karma?

Alright so #100 on The List totally exploded into my life. Last week we had a raffle for the old Macs and PCs here at the office. I put my name in for a Mac OOOOOOF COURSE...and in my mind I begged and pleaded that I would be so lucky to be one of the few chosen. That afternoon, I heard a rumbling amongst my fellow coworkers and my name was mentioned. Sure enough, I checked my email and there was my name under "Macs": one of six! I think my heart jumped out of my throat and slapped me across the face by the time I realized that I had actually won?? In any case, it isn't a laptop, but it's a start! It cuts out half of what I would've spent on the whole thing!! Now I just need a monitor (flatscreen: ~$200), some memory, and the Creative Suite. Turns out Creative Suite 3 just came out, so would that make CS2 cheaper?? Not yet really :\ It's still ~$1200. But maybe I'll luck out somehow. And speaking of luck...for the most part, I chalk this up to luck...but isn't it strange considering my last post here? About all the volunteering and good deeds?? I'm not saying every good deed should go rewarded, but it is quite a coincidence that this happened the same week! In any case, I'm stoked. Now I won't have to come into work on the weekends or stay late any more to do freelance/design projects for my peeps!

Speaking of, I finished my mom's book this weekend!!! I gotta add it to my book list (#95). So so so fabulous and I can't wait to REread it after it's published on paperback. And I'm totally buying copies for a ton of my friends! Currently I'm designing the cover...I really like it so far, so hopefully my moms will too ;)

Can I just tell you how hard it is to do the 26Things photo project? Not only is it so sporadic (they only have one 'hunt' every three months or so), but you only have a month to do it. Now that seems like a lot of time, but when you're trying to be creative with 26 objects, places, and concepts, man almighty! In any case, I think I'm going to have to accept the fact that 26Things will either have to wait until next year (if it still exists), or get replaced. Sigh.

#45 - One more recipe to add to the repertoire! Creamy chicken and rice soup! It was my first home made (ok semi home made) soup ever and I'm really proud with how it turned out!! Especially today when it had a chance to sit overnight. I sautéed garlic/onions/mushrooms/carrots and added them to 4 cups hot broth and a few cups of shredded chicken [from those rotisseries you get in the deli]. I also added a pkg of Rice A Roni wild rice (which I had to simmer by itself for 15 minutes because it wasn't the quick cooking kind). For the roux, I took a suggestion from a recipe online and added the little 'flavor packet' from the Rice A Roni to the 2 TBs of butter and whisked that around...THEN added the 1/4 c flour, and then a cup of half/half. It's a little tricky because there are a lot of clumps, but you just keep stirring at it...when it's all combined, I added that to the broth and stirred it all up...simmered for another 10-15 minutes. Voila as they say! Later this week, I'll use more of the rotisserie chicken to make some Kung Pao chicken a la Z (with some orange zest added...we'll see how that turns out?)

#68 has been outrageous to figure out. So I go out to eat Sunday night at this diner...I have almost a whole cheeseburger (had to have been almost a half lb), half of my BATTERED fries, almost all of a crock of creamy soup loaded with fat I'm sure, and a small cup of coleslaw...ALSO fatty I don't doubt. How can't I NOT count that as a guilty pleasure meal??! Plus the fact that I haven't done pilates in over two weeks? Done! Consider it counted!!

Alright, well to conclude, I'm freaking snarky lately. I'm not even going to get into it, but it's like certain people in my life are redonkulous right now. People say things and the complete immaturity of it will seriously make me want to throw up. I feel like I'm fifty and surrounded by a bunch of fucking teenagers. And yet I'm 27. GROW UP PEOPLE. Ugh...so annoying. Anyway, hopefully the feeling will pass. Haha! I like this post...it's like one second I'm volunteering for good causes and Martha Stewart making a soup, and then the next second I'm psychotic and wanting to throw bottles of diseases at people? Ahhhhh me.

No comments: