Wednesday, August 1, 2007

August 1

Nothing too crazy here, but a few things: I was *blessed with an unexpected $400 check from the state of Wisconsin the other day...turns out it's my tax return and I had completely forgotten about it! I know roll your eyes ;) In any case, I put it DI-rectly into my savings...no spendy spendy for Katesi! After paying my car bill and rent, I have roughly $180 left from my paycheck today. Meh right? No, I'm still going as planned with my budget for the month...the car bill will just be that extra sidebar. August is going to be an expensive month and I'm prepared :) But thus begins my first month of trying to stick to my budget (minus these extra expenses that are atypical).

In other news, I'm tossing an idea around about changing the "take a week vacay from this list once a season" (#68) TO "once a month splurge on something food related" haha! Because I don't exactly know HOW to take a vacay from the list...it's always on my mind! And b. I seriously want to be able to treat myself BIG time just once a month and not worry about it. This also means I have to tone down the times when I do go "a little crazy" and shove those cravings into one day. Ok this is hard to explain. I mean I'm sure I'll "go out to eat" more than once a month, but I'll try to dial it down when I go, except that one time. THEN I can get ANYTHING on a menu: like the fattiest thing. And not worry about starving myself all day or exercise way more in order to get rid of the calories. What inspired me to do this was craving the cake batter ice cream at Coldstone which is sooooooo bad for you. And I don't just want to get that tiny "like it" size either. Or sometimes I just want to pig out on the Big Mac extra value meal at McDonald's...big fries, non diet soda, the works! Or I want to eat 5-6 pieces of pizza AND have Doritos instead of just three pieces sans Doritos ;) Ok that last one would make my stummy s'plode, but you get the gist. So yeah, I like it! Oh and if I'm on vacation? This sort of goes out of effect. Because when you're on vacation, you're just going to eat like crap the whole time...so that time is exempt. THUS when I'm on my mini vacation camping this weekend at Point Beach, and want a fatty ice cream cone, it doesn't count ;)

Rock on! Let the feasting begin!!!

No comments: