Thursday, May 15, 2008

long time no blog

It's been a couple weeks, so I should probably update and write a bit. Food, car troubs, dating and more!

#45 - Recipes galore:

1. Two smaller recipes to make one: Black Bean dish and Walnut Cranberry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette

2. Amazing BLT Pizza - I cooked a thin crust wheat Boboli for 10 mins or so, and topped it with smashed avocado, halved grape tomatoes/shallots mixed with grape seed oil, balsamic vinegar and S&P, a mix of chopped spinach and flat leaf parsley, and then of course bacon. It was seriously awesome...I highly recommend for a party app situation. Good and good for you!!

3. Pat's Favorite Sweet & Sour Meatloaf (via Monica's blog!) - And if the pizza wasn't enough this week, let's talk about this meatloaf. Or should I say LOVEloaf?! The only change I made to Monica/Lorie's recipe was that I used rasp jelly and cooked the loveloaf for an hour. I think my oven's just on the cooler side...it usually takes a little longer than usual with that thing. Plus most loafs cook for about an hour I'd say. TRY IT TONIGHT!!

#50
- Atypical Veggie
Alright so Metro Market's produce section screwed me again. The reason I found the BLT pizza was because it had watercress as the "lettuce". Met Mark ALWAYS has watercress!! Except for now apparently. Foiled again. So like I said, I used spinach and parsley instead which worked really well (parsley has a similar "peppery" flavor). In any case, I'm switching my veggie to Arugula as I know Met Mark has this in stock. Bah, just sticking with watercress.

#87 - Bands
So I've got TWO this month, which is good because I think last month I cheated and didn't really have one.
The Kooks - your Brit Rock which is always a good time, recommend their tune "See the Sun".
Angels & Airwaves - Blink 182's Tom DeLonge's band...GOOD stuff!! They've got a U2 guitar thing happening which is never a bad thing.


And in LIFE news, things have been hectic per usual! I had this whole crazy tire fiasco happen this past weekend. My sis and I both "coincidentally" got flats the same day. I don't know. I wanted to be my own mechanic and change them...I got her lug nuts off, but the tire/wheel was corroded to the car. Then MY lug nuts were way too tight and there was no way I was taking my tire off either. 3-4 hrs later in the chilly drizzle, we gave up. I called for a tow the next morning to take off my tire, and bring Mandsi's car (and my tire) into Firestone. Both needed actual replacing, and I purchased this tire warranty at my dealership, so this involved me driving my car the 15 mi/45 min side street trek all the way over there as I couldn't go over 50mph on the spare. Long story long, they didn't have a tire for me, so I had to do it all over again the next day and I'm canceling my warranty asap because the dealership service dept likes to give a gal attitude.

And in other news, I will mention that the dating life has been relatively splendid as of late. Yep I'm typing it outloud. Ha! Stuff was a little intense and swirly at first and I wasn't so much down with that coming out of a nearly three year relationship, but things have calmed down and it's just nice and casual. I use the term "casual" loosely though because it depends on who you ask. "You call that casual?" Well, by 1950s standards, perhaps not so much. But in today's day and age, yeah I think so. I guess I'm really trying to keep this particular boy at an arm's length, but he tends to reel me in with his charms. Haha! I keep telling myself life's too short. I went through a week long phase where I was mad that I've always been the "good girl" playing by the rules and regulations of life. But here I get this opportunity to sort of get out there and have fun...be a little "bad" if you will. And when I'm 50 and married with who knows what responsibilities, I'd rather look back and be satisfied with the fact that I did XYZ without too much regret. So with that said, the warmer months are fast approaching and how often do you get to experience that all too classic summer romance, its endurance the furthest thing from your mind?

1 comment:

Monica O'Neill said...

you had a very FOOD-centric blog month :) I like it! Can't wait for more of that Crab Bake tonight - in tortillas!!!
I like this whole trading recipes deal. We're all grown up ladies!