Thursday, May 1, 2008

may day! may day!

Alright, May 1st and time to get caught up, set up this next month:

#45 Recipe: My last recipe for April was this crab bake sort of thing, SUPER good! From the outset, it seemed like a strange combination of flavors, but it works! The recipe is below...

#50 My atypical produce item for May will be watercress.

#51 So my April Sans Meat worked out splendidly! Like I said in another post, the only 'cheat' was the bacon bits in the tator tot batter waaaaay at the beginning of the month. Since then I didn't have to cheat at all and I'm quite proud of myself! Although I could seriously sink my teeth into a burger today ;) Or bacon...I could definitely go for some bacon. An interesting observation: for the first half of the month, I honestly thought totally giving up meat wouldn't be all that bad. I mean as long as I could have fish and dairy. But during the second half of the month, I really did miss my meat (ohhh yeah). Above all, wings. Just your average chicken wings. You can't get those meat free! So I'm going to have to get over to BW3's this month. No more putting that off!

May's give-up is just going to be soda because I'm lazy and can't think of anything else right now. But hey, that means no mixed drinks (aside from tonic), so that can be difficult.

#68 I didn't really go to town on some food splurge this month. I kinda forgot about it. So this morning, I had a half bagel and half donut for breakfast and am NOT exercising at noon...haha! Oh well, I tried.

#87 Speaking of slacking, I have NOT been up on this 'new band/artist' task. I suck. So how about my new artist for April will be David Cook from American Idol bwah!! He's way hot though and is voice is brilliant. I rarely embed videos on this blog, but here's his rendition of "Eleanor Rigby"...pretty rad!



Sooooo yep, that's it. I haven't really rocked the list for awhile, so I'm just in complete slack mode right now. Well, Ninja Report is in full swing, so that's what my focus is at this time. My OTHER focus is trying to figure out various dramas going on these days. May day indeed!

Ok Southwestern Crab Bake recipe!
I made it one way, but in the following recipe I'm changing the chip idea. They originally called for chips to cover the bottom of the baking dish, but ya know, they get pretty mushy...so I think crumbling them over the top halfway through sounds good to me!

8 oz. Crab Classic, Leg Style, cubed
1 can tomatoes with diced chilies
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 small can whole kernel corn
1 pkg shredded cheese
green onions, olives, salsa, whatever you like for toppings!
1 bag tortilla chips (I used these newish BEST EVER Tostitos flour chips)

In a saucepan add tomatoes with chilies, cream of mushroom soup, milk, mushrooms and corn. Stir well, heating to simmer. Butter a 10 x 13 inch baking dish. Cut crab into cubes and place in the bottom of the dish. Pour soup mixture over the crab and top with shredded cheese and green onions, olives, etc. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Top with crushed chips and bake another 10 minutes. Then let stand for 10 minutes as the dish is SUPER hot! Enjoy!

No comments: