Monday, November 17, 2008

one year later

Let me begin by wishing Monica and Tim a happy one year anniversary! They definitely experienced all that a first year of marriage could offer and perhaps more downs than ups, but I am so proud of how far they've come! Reading Monica's blog this past year has taught me that marriage is everything BUT easy, but also that it is something worth fighting for! I know that they will always remember this first year and it will positively affect their years to come.

Speaking OF time, sixish months ago, Monica and I were BOTH in the thick of our lowpoints in life. Tim had lost his job and past relationship woes were resurfacing...and I wasn't doing so hot recovering from my breakup and, thus, making bad decisions in life. So we made an unofficial pact that since things were so Rainbows and Sunshine six months PRIOR to that point (Monica and Tim were getting married and I was happy with John), things just HAD to get better six months into the future! Ebbs and Flows, you know?

So here we are entering into the homestretch of that new six month mark and some promising changes are indeed on the horizon. For example, I am definitely hoping for a promising future at my job. For the past few months, I've gone CSS/HTML crazy and taught myself SO much!! A couple weeks ago I created my first CSS-based official landing page for one of our clients. I had to use their branding standards though, and also wasn't able to set the whole thing up myself. However, last week, I created a landing page for another client...and with this one, I was able to use all of my own design AND set the entire thing up myself! Huge step!! This is a great direction I'm heading toward, creatively and professionally speaking. I do really hope the Powers that Be AT my job are able to allow me to officially go this route. And I hope this unfolds fairly soon. In any case, I'm officially crossing #1 off of my list! It was one of the more daunting tasks, so this is pretty awesome. And now that I know SO much more about web design, my own personal portfolio site will be that much easier to create.

In other task news, I've made three recipes (#45) for Nov: balsamic pork chops with garlic mashed cauliflower and drunken apples, crab cake sandwiches, and dill crab and asparagus pasta. And I got my hair cut for fall (#54) last week. Many more tasks to be completed soon including catering a dinner party, a train ride down to Chicago, The Nutcracker, being a bell ringer for the Salvation Army, and hopefully some ice skating!

Things aren't all that bad...I was just talking to my sis last night about how I wish I could be happy for longer than a fleeting moment. I'm not depressed by any means, but I don't know. Maybe just restless. I'm growing tired of the limbo state of my life and wish that something could settle itself. So I'm hoping for the career part to work out for now, and then perhaps the rest will fall into place.

2 comments:

Monica O'Neill said...

OH!!!!!! I love this post! I was all fuzzy reading it.
Sorry we never DID actually get to our Six Months! Lists at Coffee Talk, silly baby distracted me!
Maybe we can do it in LIST form this week. Like make a list of 10 things that made us all sad in May, and then how those things have gotten better or changed and then another list of good things that are going on right now.
Plus, I bet it'd help cuz we'd be able to shed light on each other's good stuff in life, too!

Miss Organizized said...

Aww good idea!! I'll have to read back at some of those emails and step back into the dark side as a reminder ;)