Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Poor 101 List...

No no, I've been at least doing the regular stuff, recipes/giveups and such. So without further ado, to recap June:

#31 - So this will be my final opportunity to see all the 'worx and I don't think it's actually going to happen. This is a list of all the places, all at 9:15, and seriously, I swear if my car doesn't "stall out" as I'm driving across the highrise bridge. Starting at like 9:12 I could drive up the Jackson freeway entrance, get off on National, loop back on, get off on the Van Buren exit, and re-do until I see fireworks from a bunch of places........sigh, Katie just do it.

#45 - Recipes
Well I had seven total recipes this past month due to my laziness and low bank account in May. I only did 6 though...hmm, I could try to whip something up tonight with my serious lack of time?

1. Seafood Chowder
2. Shrimp Tacos with Adobe Cream Sauce
3. Watermelon Gazpacho
4. "Tailgater" Pizza
5. Caprese Pizza
6. Asian Salad (Bok Choy and other veggies with Ramen/sunflower seed/pine nut topping)

#50 - Atypical produce...so I definitely got my fill of Watermelon and Boy Choy this month. For July I'm going to hop into Metro Market and find some weird produce item that I've never really heard of and go from there...fun stuff!

#51 - I gave up brunches this month which was way easier than I thought! I'm sure I saved some major calories (which I made up for in other areas...) I think for July, I'll take a break from the food guilty pleasure, and dive back into the mental guilty pleasure of NEGATIVE THOUGHTS! I'll rekindle my 28 Detox from July '08. Never a bad time of month to start over and soak up all the things I've learned over this past decade, heading into the final six months of my 20s. Whoa, that was deep.

#54 - Hairs cut! Got some slight bangs which are already too long haha!

#68 - Eh, when do I not indulge...that task is pretty ridiculous

#69 - Hopeless

#85 - Just did another new batch of concepts, this one is never difficult!

#87 - Three new-to-me bands I got into this past month: The Airborne Toxic Event, Flickerstick, and Grandaddy. Good stuff!!!

#95 - Still not really fulfilling the book list in that I need to read one more non-fiction (the Meditation book I'm STILL not finished with!)...I've read two other books in the meantime: Julie and Julia and Looking On Darkness...and now I'm in the middle of The Alchemist which is PERFECT for my new July mentality.

#97 - The training is going SO well, as you can see over at Must-Run. I've got my first 5K next Thursday and I'm hovering pretty well at the 3.5-4 mile spot. Gotta bump it up to 5 miles by October!

As for the rest of my list...the "projects"...well, I see I'm at an impasse here. Or at least it feels like I am. Perhaps during my "lets get some focus, Katie" July, I'll come to some realizations as to how I can go about everything. This just doesn't feel like a good time to let my life fall by the wayside. And it really isn't...I'm definitely into this running thing. I like that I've developed this reading habit. I'm doing all sorts of productive things with friends and family. I'm still cooking new things. I'm getting into all kinds of new music. And I'm sucking the marrow out of what Milwaukee offers in the summertime. Well I have four months left and I just HAVE to come up with a game plan...

No comments: