Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I did it!

#31 hooray!!! This was definitely one of the list items I never thought I'd actually accomplish. So to recap: Back in '04 or '05, I was driving home from my parents' Fourth of July cookout just after 9:00 trying to make the fireworks right by Dousman House. As I was driving over the high rise bridge I noticed various fireworks displays all around me. All the 'burbs 'works go off at the same time, so in just a few select spots downtown, the high rise bridge being one of them, you can see them all! When I came up with the 101 List in '07, something reminded me of that moment and I really wanted to find a different, less-hassle spot to repeat the experience. Well, over the last 2.5 years, I never gained access to any downtown rooftops or what have you. So I basically decided to repeat what inspired this list item in the first place. At 9:10pm, I hopped on the freeway and started the adventure of simultaneously focusing on traffic around me and the dozenish fireworks displays dotting the horizon. It was just too awesome! I looped on and off the freeway like nine times or so, playing "All Over the World" by Pet Shop Boys on repeat! Excellent times.

So it's early yet and I don't have any other list items to report. I did just get into Dirty Projectors though...very different but very good!!

Meanwhile, since I'm always so candid in this blog, I will admit that I've come up on yet another crossroads and my July is shaping up to be a little too similar to last year's...doing some kinda loop, starting from scratch, all that fun stuff. What's with me and my paths that I am so hell-bent on taking, knowing full well that they probably aren't supposed to be on my little Map O' Life? I ask myself: HOW many lessons do I really need to learn in order to go the right way?? I give life a lot of chances...maybe too many chances. I also like shoving round pegs into square holes until they fit, but they never do.

Ok that's enough of that crap. I just wish life wasn't so exhaustively frustrating. I guess if it weren't though, it'd be no fun. But always remember kids: feeling like shit to find happiness isn't necessarily the way it works!

3 comments:

Monica O'Neill said...

The second-half of this entry sounded like a Carrie Bradshaw column!!! Or, maybe i've just been watching too much S&TC on boop-boop lately!? At least you can say your life is never boring?

Miss Organizized said...

Haha! No, my life is, in fact, NEVER boring. I think once it settles down, I'll remember back to these days and just soak up the quiet status quo like soaking up rays of sunshine on a beach vacay. (How's that for Carrie Bradshaw?? haha!) Honestly though, it's always so grass-is-greener, but I cannot wait to take refuge in my elder years. Although knowing my luck I'll get some complicated disease that literally sucks the life outta me.

Monica O'Neill said...

BWAH! No, that comment took a nasty spin! No likey!!!!
Honestly, even when life sucks - I'm always more *content* when life isn't boring. Like take me a year ago, nothing was going on and I was a depressed cynical MESS! And NOW look at how much harder and technically suckier my life is - where I could be totally depressed and I'm fine as can be!
I'm a weird cat that way!
Just remember, every experience is a step in towards something in your journey! No matter how long it takes you to get there..