Thursday, June 21, 2007

untitled?

I'm so proud of myself! Lots to update!

#40. Pilates: I'm up to 20 so I should officially "SEE the difference" now...however Joseph Pilates said it. But I definitely do! My legs are the best part...very strong and shapely! Gotta work on the 'dumps' region though...theeee worst part for my fellow ladies, right? Ugh. I want to say that by the time I'm done with this 30 Day Challenge, it'll just be too hot in my apartment...so I think perhaps I should switch over to working out at least twice a week at John's gym for a month. Nice and cool there. We'll see!

#45. Recipes: (4/4!) The third recipe this month was Poached Tilapia with Papaya Slaw on top of Avocado Mash. WOW! A taste explosion! Tonight I'm using the rest of my abundant papaya to make Papaya Bruschetta...interesting hey? I'm going to change it into more of an Italian salsa though I think. But anyway, this also takes care of...

#50. Papaya! I've never had it before (without knowing??) and way delish! It takes awhile to cut up because of the size, but honestly easier than a mango (hate that pit). And the taste is sort of a cross between a mango and cantaloupe. Highly refreshing!

#49. I finally perused the East Town Farmer's Market (1/4)...very cool. They have a lot more "stuff" than food though which is fine because most people want to go shopping-shopping rather than grocery shopping, but I hope once fall nears, there will be more fun food to purchase! While I was there some local celebs were judging this Battle of the Chefs contest, so that was amusing.

#69. Donate Blood: I ALSO gave blood (1/12) with like five hours to spare until the first day of summer! They had to do a lot of digging around in there to get the blood going, but that's pretty typical for my lame ass arm. I made my next appt right away (August 15th), so again, sort of right under the wire. I'll be caught up then though. Haha! The radio dj just said that summer officially kicked off at 1:06pm today (about 30 minutes ago), so I guess I had a little more time afterall ;)

#95. 10 Books: Rock ON!! I'm really rollin with these books now that I've finished Atlas Shrugged! I finished He's Scared She's Scared (to fulfill a non-fiction requirement), and now I'm onto my Floyd Collins biography, which is fab so far!! I should finish that one by next week or so, as it's a quick read. My next choice will be A Tale of Two Cities...a classic I never read in all my days of school surprisingly! But it's one of my sister's faves, so I really look forward to it. In any case, I wrote down a bunch of excerpts from He's Scared that I might type up here for posterity (is that the word I'm looking for?)...when I'm in the mood.

Yep yep! Moving right along here! This weekend I should be able to get some scrapbook items...the actual BOOK (or two?) is my main concern.

No comments: