Wednesday, June 27, 2007

scrapbooking nazis

Holy cats!!! So my weekend attempt to find a scrapbook for the road trip was unsuccessful due to the modern day page protector obsession. I went to an actual scrapbook store with a gabillion albums available and they only had one option sans protectors that came in blasé forest green and burgundy and navy blue...with white pages inside of course. So I researched a bit on the internet this morning, and everyone and their mother lectures newbies in these forums about how they ALWAYS use page protectors and that you'd be an idiot not to for x, y, z, a, b, c, d, e, f, g reasons. I completely understand that most people WOULD use page protectors because they have children, or they want to show 349235232 people their book and that's a lot of fingerprints, or they literally have OCD about archiving and posterity. I just wish there was an easier way to find albums that don't have page protectors. However...I think perhaps I'd be able to buy a strap-hinge type album and manually remove the protectors if they are included??? The only companies I've found without the protectors are Westrim and Creative Memories (from whom I bought my first album). The thing is, I would definitely like to purchase a book with black or cream or tan pages...not white. I want to save on paper by not "wallpapering" the entire page with a full 12 x 12 sheet of scrapbook paper/cardstock. I guess those two companies might be my only option. I just wish someone made a more funky cover and kept those damn protectors out of the equation. I'm going to start a revolution.

In any case, I don't have anything else really to update. The end of the month is rollin up real fast, so I have to come up with a new atypical and no-no food. I gotta admit, this month's no-no food idea didn't work out the best (not eating after 7:00pm/or after dinner)...I cheated a couple times either because I forgot or because my meal schedule was way screwed up. I'll try harder this next time around ;)

No comments: