Tuesday, October 21, 2008

nothing

I wish I had more to discuss here than just a few recipes, but no dice. I think all my creative juices have been zapped by the energy I've been putting into my job lately...the good news is that I'm really getting the hang of this web design thing. And I think I can admit that I no longer HATE it as previously mentioned here. It can get frustrating but 'hate' is a strong word haha!

#45 - Recipes

1. Blackberry Turkey Sandwich
I recreated the same sandwich from Fat Abbey/Cafe Hollander: thick cut roasted turkey, blackberry jam, hot giardiniera, and muenster cheese on french bread...all toasted and melty! Highly recommend. I also recommend said blackberry jam and peanut butter on Kashi waffles. YES.

2. Hot 'n Spicy Corn Dip
THANKS MONICA for this wonderful recipe!! The only differences are: I used a can of sweet corn and white shoepeg corn instead of a bag of frozen, and I used chive cream cheese instead of regular. Definitely worth a try at any soiree. I ate it around 9pm heavily under the influence of Tanqueray...on a random weeknight?

3. Turkey Pumpkin Chili
Alright so I kinda already made this recipe last fall, but I think I'm a better cook one year later, so I wanted to try it again (and still count it as new? yeah) Here are the ingredients:
• ground turkey browned with nutmeg/cumin/S&P...set aside
In the same deep skillet/pot with a pat of butter:
• sautee 4 cloves garlic and a whole chopped white onion
• add chopped red bell pepper and tomato
• once soft, add a couple cups of chicken broth, bring to boil
• add a can of black beans, can of sweet corn, can of green chillies, can of Thick & Zesty tomato sauce, AND a can of pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling!!)
• add ground turkey back to the mixture
• also add various spices to taste (more nutmeg, cumin, all spice, cayenne/red pepper flake...as well as a few splashes of Worcester sauce and a half cup of brown sugar
• add anything else you see fit. Need it spicier? Hot sauce. Need it sweeter? more brown sugar.
• let simmer for as long as you can handle your growling stomach

I actually had to divvy up this chili into two pots toward the end because there was so much! So definitely start out with your biggest pot.

Yay for food!

No comments: