Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Onwards and Upwards

After the emotionally draining evening I just had, where I feel like my entire life is turned upside down and I don't even know where I'm going anymore, I guess the one place I still have control over is my own life. I mean me as an individual. Relatively speaking. Ok even that feels like it's been torn into a million jagged pieces. In any case, I'll cut the drama down a touch and just get to the 101 Things UPDATE! Perhaps I'll feel a bit better...

#41 Nasonex
I shall hopefully BEE doin better with my tasting problem in a week! I asked my doc about it yesterday at my physical and he was all about giving me two free samples. Sweet. I seriously hope to BEE able to drink red wine again...love that buzz...ha ha? lame.

#43 Chicken Pox Vaccine
I also asked the doc about whether or not I should get this vaccine...he suggested that when I go in to get my cholesterol checked, I should get this checked out as well...I mean check to see if I've actually had a mild case of the chicken pox (as far as I know, I haven't??) That biznass is next Monday...good stuff.

#44 New recipes! (2/4 for the month)
I made this SCRUMPTIOUS red cabbage and kielbasa "stoup" recipe I found in Rachael Ray's magazine the other day...fantastic!
I also made buffalo chicken dip for my parents' Super Bowl party...HUGE hit...especially when I brought the leftovers into work the following week. Tonight is a chicken and orzo recipe from one of my Christmas cookbooks, so that'll take care of #45.

#54 Aspirin mask
The aspirin and moisturizing lotion has been purchased...BOGO aspirin at Walgreens helped tremendously!

#58 Plastic bins
Went to Target this weekend and bought three large but shallow plastic bins...I came home and WENT TO TOWN on organizing my room. It looks fab now! Plastic bins reside neatly under my bed. And I only have two cardboard boxes left...one containing my dufflebag (kinda random) and the second holding my photos which will be put into albums eventually anyway.

#59 Birthday cards
I also bought some nice scrapbooking paper at Target to construct these future home made birthday cards. I have three coming up in end of Feb/March so better get crackin on that.

#83 Concepts
A few weekends ago, I came in on Saturday to work on some new biz concepts. I actually had a ton of fun making them too! No word yet on whether this account is ours, but hopefully our production work is helping to persuade them ;) And speaking of concepts, we have a meeting in about twenty minutes and while you won't be able to notice my absence from this blog between now and when I start #90 below, just try to imagine!

#90 Gratitude o' the Day
I'm definitely keeping up with the gratitude a day plan. It's nice to survey my day right before I go to bed and try to weed out all of the negative to find that glimmer that made my day ;) ESPECIALLY on those really rough days.


And that's that! Keepin me busy that's for sure. As for the curve ball life threw me these past 24 hours plus, I once told several people about my current Life Motto...no, not 'The sweet ain't as sweet without the sour," although that applies here too...but rather "Occasionally you'll have to take a step backward in order to go forward." Like taking a crappy job in order to save money to go to school. Stuff of that nature. Well maybe it applies to relationships too. Maybe you do have to slow down in order to move ahead. It never makes sense now, but hindsight is 20/20 right? Ok I am officially done with metaphors, euphemisms and clichés for the day. Until next time!

No comments: