Monday, May 7, 2007

doin stuff feels good

And luck was had! I accomplished SO MUCH this weekend!!! I was on a mission like you wouldn't believe and was able to cross pretty much everything off my little to do list (um, a separate one from below). I also had a minor setback, but hopefully it'll smooth itself out soon enough.

In any case, below are the four big accomplishments for the weekend:

• Church AND I finally registered as a member there! I've been going to the Easter Vigil for 15 years, and then going more regularly for the last couple years, since I moved into my new apartment. So that's pretty exciting!

• Organized my projects list (#61), and decided to change a couple more of the things on the 101 List:
-#6 Chicago scrapbook: I've got too many scrapbook situations on my hands, so I'm changing this one to a creative project TBA (I have many ideas floating around)
-#52 Black/brown boots: Eh, I'm over this sorta (maybe because of the summer?) So I shall replace with splurging on an expensive pair of heals or sandals...not your typical Target/Payless/Target uncomfortable $20 pair. So I'll be on the lookout there!
-#78 Inspirational notes: I don't have anything inspirational to say that hasn't been said already, SO I'll replace with Volunteer at St. John's Open Door Cafe 4x. I've already volunteered twice, but I won't count those. My "first," then, will be next Monday with my sis, John and Nicole.
S0! Now I'm on 5/10 for replacements with 906/1001 days left. Yipes. But you've gotta expect to streamline the list a bit over time. I mean your interests change and everything. I'll probably cheat down the line and bend the rules, but rules are meant to be bent.

• And speaking of bending, PILATES!! I finally got started on my 30 day challenge (#40)! I rewatched my dvd, and rewrote all the exercises...then actually DID them. I'm feelin' it today, but it feels good! I've got an extra skip in my step or something. I'm heading home during lunch today to see how the midday work out...uh, works out

• And last but certainly not least, I FINISHED #94 Atlas Shrugged!!! I seriously wish I could remember when I started it, I mean I remember starting it, but have no reference point as to when it was. In any case, it's a wonderful novel with some seriously thought provoking ideas...definitely got my mind working! My next novel won't be as dense though ;)

Other updates:
45. Recipes 1/4
I made a delicious Thai chicken dish with cabbage, carrots, onions and red pepper along with some coconut rice and peanuts...totally MADE the dish!

I might have to forgo #10 26 Things due to my crazy hectic schedule and a quarter of the month being taken up by the INKYTNMO trip. Sigh. Maybe next time. Or perhaps I can just fake do the list for June and post them for myself. Blah.

Alright, it's about 11:00 now and I'm off to get some Pilates on!

No comments: