Thursday, September 6, 2007

Quarter of the way there...

At the end of this month I will have officially closed in on the quarter marker of 1001 days. Do I have a quarter of my tasks completed?? Let's do a quick recap for those playing at home:

•Tasks officially crossed off: 17
•Tasks in progress, but will be completed in the near future: 4
•Tasks continuously in progress until the end of the 1001 days: 21
Total tasks completed/in progress: 42!
And we all know that 42/101 is almost half, so I think I'm making some good progress here. But that might be because most of the remaining items are all complex and difficult or require dropping a chunk of change.

There are a small handful of tasks I may have to adjust due to time restraints or financial status (here's lookin' at you trips to Vegas and NYC)...but for the most part everything else seems do-able. Once Monica's wedding is over, I'll be able to focus back on my own creative projects; bust out my pinking shears at least a couple times this coming winter. A Jo-Ann gift card is certainly in order this Christmas as that will alleviate the financial burden of creating a scrapbook so intricate and involved as the INKYTNMO book will be!

In other news, the monitor for my prize mac has been purchased, the site from where I will buy the memory has been marked, and I think, with my mom's help, I have located a place to buy Adobe CS2. What a pain in the ass that was. Adobe swallowed up all the remaining CS2s to pave the way for CS3 (which we're actually getting at work in the next couple weeks!). But I don't want to pay $1800 for a creative suite. I want to pay the original $120o price. Well the one my mom found is $1400, BUT comes with Flash which would be pretty awesome to have since I already know the basics of the program. Now it's simply a matter of taking that money out of my savings :( Why suddenly is it so hard??? Well, obviously I have a huge problem with parting with huge sums of money: a character trait that has haunted me since my poor college days and even poorer post-college days. But also, right now I just don't have enough Quality Time to spend with my dear Adobe and Apple products (See: Monica's Wedding). So buying it now feels like a waste. HOWEVER my opportunity to purchase CS2 is quickly waning and who cares if I don't use it right this very second? Right? Right? Right.

In still other updates, I made it through the entire month of August without sipping any alcohol other than Miller Lite (oh and the occasional sip of church wine...blood of Christ, come on). The funny thing is that I had three Miller Lites the night of August 31st...something I've done many a time...and for whatever reason, paid dearly the following morning. Undoubtedly because of the 6.5 hrs sleep I got, but I almost like to think it was Miller Lite bidding me a not-so-fond farewell. Well F you too ML! Anyway, what was my first alcoholic beverage of choice on Sept 1st? Point Beer. Ouch. Haha! But that's all they had at this drive in party I attended. Come Sept 2, my SECOND alcoholic beverage of choice? Some random sparkly berry wine cooler that was chilling out in John's sister's fridge. I never even drink wine coolers! But my THIRD alcoholic beverage of choice: A sweet, refreshing, ice-clamoring glass of Jack and Coke. Ahhhhhhhh. My first in over two months! Yum. In any case, this months "give up" is fancy coffee drinks (a la Starbucks)...much easier than August, and it'll also get me revved up for delicious pumpkin spice lattes at Barnes & Noble come October. I do so love to deprive myself of things in order to truly appreciate them. And I'm a masochist, what can I say?

1 comment:

nik von H said...

RIGHT. That was in response to your, Right? Right? Right. comment about buying CS2. You gotta do it - it'll feel so good to have it at your fingertips at home, plus, you KNOW you'll get good use out of it at home and you won't have to spend any more time in this hole than you have to!

And congrats on all the list accomplishments so far - you are my hero.