Friday, April 4, 2008

boop booping through my day

If my life was recorded on tivo, that's what I'd do today. It's Friday and I can't get out of here soon enough! I'm off to a super rad weekend in Chicagoland with Monica, Tim, and all that goes with...where ever the weekend takes us! Adult Chuck E. Cheese aka NOT Steve and Barry's? Guitar Hero to my heart's content? Helping Monica get kitties get ready for the adoption show? Monica performing for me (twss!)? A new baby? Any and all of this is possible and I'm looking forward to the getaway.

I haven't updated for the start of April, so I'll do that real quickly here.
#50 Atypical produce - Endive (perfect for baby showers! if I were going to one?)
#51 Give up food - MEAT! And in more ways than one I guess? OH! Ok anyway, I'm not going vegan for the month, so eggs, dairy, and fish are still a go. And it's also ok if I am in a sitch where meat is the only option (like going to a dinner party...because that happens).

Earlier in the week, I changed a bunch of list items, changed and adjusted, I should say. And I'm just not going to use my 'nixables' because it's far too much and I'm over it. I'm bending the rules this one time.
# 7 is no longer graphic novel and now some TBD artistic project
Hey Love has merged into the Socialite division and thus...
#16 is now just going to the lakefront for a picnic with anyone who wants to join me!
#20 likewise, heading to Jazz in the Park with whoever's game
#27 and likewise, anyone want to go to the art museum with me? Let's do it. Perhaps I'll make it like my first date or something?
#25 I'm going to bring carving pumpkins back into style and coolness sans a family
#26 My sis and Nicole already discussed rockin the old school slumber party at her place, only we're adding a bottle of Vodka to the mix
#41 No John's gym, I gave him back those oh-so symbolic condo keys of course, so I'm going to desperately try to keep up with my lunch workout three times a week (although this week I only got up to twice)
#66 I have since discussed with Mandsi that we should take a road trip to Iowa this summer to visit our old stomping grounds. There's a balloonfest in Indianola at the end of July? I'm SUCH a hardcore geek, aren't I? No wonder I'm single ;)
#89 Hmm learn to drive stick shift will be replaced by something, I just don't know what...
#18 & 19 are SUPER tricky...I guess anything's possible!

Not too horrible I guess. At least most were adjustable.

And that's April! And I guess I'll just carry on the rest of my boring Friday...emailing, internet whatnot, and listening to my Breakup Mix on itunes (I'm such a cliché).

3 comments:

Monica O'Neill said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!
I was actually going to email you YESTERDAY about this, and then again today and then I figured I'd just bring it up tonight!
BUTTTTTTTT - when I noticed some of the changes to your list the other day, I wanted to offer to help cross some of those things off?
I WANT TO GO TO THE ART MUSEUM!!! And picnic by the lake? fun! Train to chicago - we could plan a downtown trip/day or something so you can do that?
anyway, I know I'm all far away and lame, but I really would love to be a part of your LiST!
I'm kinda jealous you already have a sleepover in the works - b/c that was the item that caught my eye ;)

Miss Organizized said...

YOU AREN'T LAME!!!! And you can DEF help me out with these bad boys! Train to Chicago for a day trip CHECK!!! Remember when we RANDOMLY went to the museum when I was there (original itinerary weekend??)...I barely remember it, but I know we were 'beginner friends' and it was almost like going on a first date with you! haha!

And PS remember when you were going to organize a slumber party? I SWEAR that was you. DO IT! Because now I can no longer be a part of your September Lake Geneva Couples Getaway :'(

Monica O'Neill said...

OMG I totally thought of the whole Lake Geneva weekend...like how you & I were the glue to make it happen, and I like dont want to do it without you??! :( but we'll see..
and yes, that's me who thought of a girls slumber party where we'd pull a 'Friends' and wear bridesmaid or wedding gowns and make martinis/margaritas, have snacks and watch girlie movies and have a dance party!? I need a bigger house first!
And yea! it's weird I've been to the chicago art museum 2x and NEVER to the milwaukee one? silly!
PS - check my actual email about the train ride! BWAH!