Wednesday, July 18, 2007

more...

Last night I used kiwi (#50) in this hot curried fruit concoction I created...I cut up strawberries, mango, a peach, and a couple kiwi, sauteed some onions in a little butter, brought the fruit up to a simmer, and added some curry powder and brown sugar. I sliced up some French bread, added a smear of brie cheese and topped with the hot fruit. So scrumptious and unique!

Today I had plenty of time to kill, so I buckled down and worked on my budget (#80). These sites helped me tremendously:

http://cgi.money.cnn.com/

printable budget worksheet

I looked at my budget from June, what I had for July so far (with some projections), and came up with what I should be spending each month. For June it was ridiculous...I spent my entire paycheck minus like $5 and that did NOT include leftover INKYTNMO expenses and the $550 check I wrote my mom. Luckily July has been much better and it looks like I COULD come up $500 on top. This is good as August is a big spending month with my mom's bday, camping, and my $300 car repair bill. So from now on, at the end of each month, I'm going to divvy up all my spending into that worksheet to keep track. Hopefully I'll get a better sense of pattern and take those good months where I saved a chunk and use that for the bad months where my car decides to breakdown, it's everyone and their mother's birthday, I get three parking tickets, and I have to make 8 new recipes that involve salmon, wine, pricey cheeses, and olive oil (my typical expensive grocery items). Voila!

No comments: