Friday, July 13, 2007

Stretched Thin

I conquered my 30 Day Pilates Challenge (#40) and on time! This week I did two double workouts and pass on a beer at Bastille Days in order to finish by today. I'm going to continue to try and rock the Pilates at lunch, but it's supposed to be 90 degrees Monday so I'll probably take a little break there.

And as I mentioned, it's mid-July (already?!) and I have yet to make one new recipe (#45). I've been trying desperately to save money this month because of the abundance of expenses that have either come and gone or are right around the corner. So I do believe I'm taking a break from the recipes during July. I will make up for it by making eight new recipes this fall (when you want to eat more anyway!) However, I still have to eat kiwi in some form...I have to keep this in mind.

Not having soda is working out great! I'm getting SO sick of beer ;) No, but seriously, I think the soda thing has been one of the easier 'give-ups' which is nice after the tragedy that was not eating after 7pm. In any case, I'd give up beer in August if I wasn't going camping on the 4th ;)

Other than that, I'm still pluggin away here. I've had a few bridesmaid duties to attend to (#101), namely the impending bachelorette extravaganza (note: one of the many expenses in my future). I'm also halfway through organizing my cube (#86). All that's left is the drawers and the abundance of crap under my desk. I obviously finished my Floyd Collins biography (#95) which was FANTASTIC. So awfully sad at the end...I mean I knew he died, but the way the story is told, you seriously think he might make it! Very strange. Anyway, tonight I'm going to try and get through a significant (well, significant for my reading speed, or lack thereof) portion of A Tale of Two Cities.

I think it's going to be a good weekend! :)

No comments: