Wednesday, January 30, 2008

up up update and away!

I've got a few updates on the agenda here with the closing of January and beginning of February approaching FINALLY thank all that is holy. I can't begin to describe how achingly long this month has been. Whether it was the fact that every weekend was "cram packed" as mom would say, or that certain someones aren't going to be friends with Chris Klein anymore quite soon, yet they're torturing me evermore before their farewell...I just don't know. 2008 is still pretty awesome, but it's going to be way more awesome starting at 5:01 real soon...

45. My last January recipe was Balsamic Rosemary Chicken and Ravioli for John because his refrigerator has been broken for the last two weeks (two weeks??!) It was aight...I can't make chicken NOT semi-dry for the life of me. I'm all freaking out trying to make sure it's not pink in the middle, but then I cook it TOO long. I don't think it helped that I had to cook it in a pot rather than a skillet. Whatever, it was still really good with the Balsamic rosemary coating mmmm. Speaking of food, check your local market for transOcean Crab Classic! It's imitation crab in a variety of styles (leg, chunk, flake...) and it's made specifically to get your precious omega 3's! It's the best imitation crab I've ever had (and I've had my fair share)...I highly recommend!! I made a cold pasta salad with it: garlic/miracle whip/parsley/green onions and the like. Magnifique!

50. My February atypical produce item will be Tomatillos! I'm going to try making my own tomatillo salsa verde ahhhhhh so delicious....

51. Days shy of eating fried foods again! This time I didn't miss it as much as last February, maybe this 'giving up stuff' is getting a lot easier. I AM looking forward to fried sweet potato chips though or pretty much fries in general. I could go for some McDonald's fries and a couple Double Stuf Oreos (thanks Monica), except starting Feb 1st no more sweet bakery for me for the month! I went sweet bakery CRAZY in January though so it's a good thing. Then starting Feb 6th through March 23rd...no coffee. NO COFFEE??? Tea instead, and in EMERGENCY cases, a Diet Mt Dew like the old days...we'll see how this works.

54. Well I got my seasonal haircut and boy did I get it cut! Instead of long and blonde, it's chin length and dark brown!! Wha??? It was a very welcome change, however. I was walking home from Chris Klein's house like back in October and really pissed off at a couple of his friends and I had this vision of myself as a short brunette. Very strange yeah? Well, I was so sick of the SAME bullshit going on day after day, and this image struck me as something new and exciting. After having pretty much the same length and shade of hair for the last 28 years, I couldn't wait. Well I did have to wait, wait until after Monica's wedding, wait for Christmas to come and go so I could get the cash, etc. The whole thing set me back like $150 if you can believe it!! Between the two appointments and tips, the $17 color shampoo and $19 volumizing spray...haha! I'm such a girl ;) It was way worth it though. Interestingly enough, I'm just going to get tired of this haircut after awhile too...it's not like this style was going to change my life or anything, but I guess it was more than just a change...it was letting go of this image of myself to which I had grown so accustomed. Now every time I look in the mirror I do a double take and that's very refreshing! Something so simple gives me a new outlook. Ok enough rambling about my damn hair jeeeeez!

75. I should bring in celebratory treats this coming Monday.....

80. & 81. I can't even begin to apologize to myself for being so behind on my budgeting and saving. I even have two checks burning a hole in my wallet waiting to go to the bank since the beginning of January. Ugh. It's just that my bank is like THEE most inconvenient bank of all time...I gotta walk there, it's not open on weekends, and it's out of the way and any time I walk at lunch, it's to go home to exercise. Soon soon! But not today as it's 4 outside :(

86. May clean cube tomorrow because I can't take it anymore

87. A suggestion from Monica: Eric Johnson (as she is obsessed with his "Cliffs of Dover") and I'm also stupid and have never heard of Camouflage: Depeche Mode's Doppelgänger?? In a good way though!

96. As of this last Sunday I saw all five Oscar Best Picture Nominees: Atonement, No Country for Old Men, Michael Clayton, There Will Be Blood, and Juno. All undeniably different films! But I really loved them all in their own ways. I'm almost positive No Country will win it though, but the Academy has surprised us before! Let's just hope we get to SEE the Oscars in all their majestic glory this year!

And that's it? I think everyone who knows me is WELL aware that Lost FINALLY starts tomorrow and I couldn't be MORE excited about it. February 1st is a red letter day for many reasons, one of which is my one year anniversary of my 101 Things in 1001 Days list!! One year down, yikes! I can't even believe it's BEEN a year for that matter. But I've got enough to show for it I think. If I have time on Friday, I'd love to do a little recap blog on the past year and my plan for the next. Good stuff...

9 comments:

Drop The Gloves! said...

I've never seen Lost (not because I haven't wanted to but my past work schedule didn't allow me to) but I did see Cloverfield. Have you seen it? Thoughts?

nik von H said...

Ouchy.

Jen said...

I wanna see your hair!!!!

Amanda said...

Awww Oscar movies! I'm glad I got to share that experience with you. I don't think there's ever been a year where all five nominated films were so kickass. Maybe 2000. ANYWHO, I hope we can do it again in the future! :)

Miss Organizized said...

Casey: dude Cloverfield RULED my world!!! I love that shiz!! Did you enjoy? I know people either love it or hate it :)

And Lost is bloody brilliant. It would be hard to catch up after three complete seasons, but Philosopher Bill from LJ days decided to do it! He bought season one a couple weeks ago...

Miss Organizized said...

Jen I gotta come into Winco again one of these days!! I have to see what's going on with the whole cafeteria/internet cafe extravaganza!

Miss Organizized said...

Z: it should be our yearly tradition! I mean how hard is it REALLY to see all five nods? So much fun!!

Drop The Gloves! said...

I loved Cloverfield and all the pre-movie, backstory websites, clues, etc that went with it. I guess this is typical of JJ and his projects, eh?

Miss Organizized said...

omg you don't even know Casey! The whole Lost franchise is practically out of control! Like there's this Apollo candy bar that shows up throughout the series (kinda like Slusho has been for Cloverfield) and they had this entire website for Apollo bars and you could find them around the world. They even showed up on an episode of Scrubs of all things. Same goes for Oceanic Air...a fictional airline, but because of the Lost premier, billboards and vans are showing up all over the place advertising it as real. Ok enough...I could go on forever ;) I love J.J. and co!