Tuesday, February 19, 2008

couple things...

Nothing exciting here, but I thought I'd update my list a touch. Valentine's Dinner with Johnny was SO delicious!!! I got a salad from the salad bar, and made steaks, mashed sweet potatoes, and Portobello mushroom "fries". Those last two (#45 & #46) were from a Rachael Ray cookbook I think...the sweet tatos were made with bananas, orange juice/zest, chicken broth and nutmeg. Yum. And I grilled the Portobello mushroom caps, cut them into slices, dipped them in egg/Italian breadcrumbs/parsley, and then fried them. THESE were the biggest hit...maybe even more so then the steaks?! Tonight I'm picking up fixins to make my own Tomatillo Salsa Verde and I'm going to whip up some enchiladas! So just one more recipe for the month of Feb.

So I hate to admit it but I blatantly cheated on this month's "give up" sweet bakery. It was Z's last day on Friday and she brought in brownies and mini cupcakes. So I said ENOUGH! FIRST of all, I'm technically giving up TWO things this month because of Lent...and it was three that day because I couldn't have meat either. SECOND of all, it was her last day at work and I wanted to, um, give her the proper sendoff she deserved?? haha! Anyway, I didn't even feel guilty after indulging in BOTH treats ;) And I made up for it all weekend: I ate out TWICE on Friday and didn't eat a smidge of meat, and while I was visiting Monica and Tim in Chicago I was taunted by coffee all over the place, but obediently sipped my Chai at Starbucks, and my Cherry Coke Zero whilst eating the best homemade waffles ever (thanks Chef "Not on Friends" Monica!)

Speaking of my visit, all weekend I played Guitar Hero and I now have a crush on the game. SO MUCH FUN!!! I even went to Best Buy yesterday when I got back and played it. THAT obsessed! But for the time being, I can't really justify getting Playstation, Xbox, or Wii JUST for Guitar Hero...so I guess I'll just patiently wait to visit Monica and Tim again...by which time they will have mastered the game and I'll still be on Easy mode. BLAH!

I surprised Johnny (#17) with a BOWLING PIN from the bowling alley I went to in Chicagoland this weekend. He's always wanted one...we've seen them at antique shops, but for like $35 or so...rip! This one was a steal at $5!! I think he let out a yelp when he opened his eyes...haha!!

This weekend is the Oscars people!! And full fledged Oscars...no weird writers strike version yeehaw!!

4 comments:

Monica O'Neill said...

OH yay!!! We are all over this blog update. Love IT! I just posted MINE for the past week, so you're all over it too!! LOVE The guitar hero comments, and I totally forgot about the bowling pin. AWWWWW. And thanks so much for calling my waffles the best ever! I mean, they're nothing innovative or special, but I just like that I make them from scratch. Like they're made with my own sweat and tears (unlike Mariah's tears!)
Yay! We miss you!
PS - we found your note. Hooray!

Miss Organizized said...

Hahaha!! My note!!! I was extra sneaky with that one ;) And yeah, those waffles rocked my world!! I'll have to bring some hazelnut liqueur next time ;) I'm gonna go read your blog yippie!!

MyMuse said...

OMG i love the idea of the portobello mushroom "fries". I also saw rachel ray use portobello mushroom caps as a hamburger "bun" for low carb meals. It looked awesome! Now I want waffles AND portobello mushroom fries! I guess that's ok for a prego lady though!!

Miss Organizized said...

Yeah! I saw RR use the caps as a "bun" too! Also...I once made a veggie melt with portobello caps: cap/red pepper rings/zucchini slices and smoked mozzarella on top...SO good!! I think maybe I made some pesto and put that on top too...ggghhmmmmggghhaaaa

Now I'm super hungo!! And hey preggo lady, wait till you read my enchilada post too now! haha!