Monday, June 30, 2008

Almost over

I'm hoping to make it out of these final hours of June unscathed. It has been a DOOZIE of a month. In the last week, I've earned my insomnia patch and I think even my panic attack patch. Nothing major, but I've had a couple instances of those old familiar feelings of trembling, nausea, and sense of impending doom. Not fun really. I think something's going around though, because I know a lot of people dealing with various ugly life issues, my own being the furthest from the worst. Things could ALWAYS be worse...and I have to be way thankful that they aren't right now. In the meantime though, I GOTTA make some changes...

So to conclude June,

#17 - Just under the wire, I got a txt today from someone telling me that I'm selfish, so I can knock that one off the list! Yippee. No, but I did spend $200 on clothes last Monday night to cheer myself up. Fun?

#45 - Recipes...

2 - Spicy Sweet Crab Salad (#46) in tortillas (mixed with mango, radishes, celery, onions and cilantro; dressed with this hot sauce/lime juice/vinegar/sugar/mayo situation...seems odd, but incredibly tasty!)

3 - Rhubarb (#50) Coffee Cake (made for Shannon's birthday last week...I've baked from scratch like twice in my life and these turned out really good considering!)

4 - Mango Pine Nut Salad (mango and OJ puree over greens with cannellini beans and pine nuts...I was a little drunk when I threw this together, but I think I remember that it was really good?)

Now, for July, I'm thinking about something to give up...we'll see...and my atypical produce item is plantains, THANKS Guy Fieri ;)

#49 - This past weekend Mandsi and I went to the World's Lamest Farmers Market (aka East Town Farmer's Market...jeez guys, kick it up a notch?)

#68 - A couple weekends ago, I had a fatty egg/bacon/cheese bagel sammich for breakfast, like five lbs of chocolate sweet treats at a concert intermission, BeefaRoo for dinner, and then the following morning, a Machine Shed breakfast of ginormous waffle with bacon BAKED IN, topped with eggs and maple syrup, and a side of cheesy hashbrown casserole the consistency of risotto....FAAAAT.

Sooooo this post is basically me complaining about my life stress, yet discussing all the good food I ate all month. Way to go Katie. At the end of the day, things aren't so bad. I've just gotta be way more careful. Remember the girl who was sick of being good all the time? Well, she's in some trubs and I'm not letting her out any more. I need to add a lot more to my karma bucket.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You totally need to give me your cell number so we can text text text!

Miss Organizized said...

hopefully you won't tell me I'm selfish!

Monica O'Neill said...

I like how your only FAT moments of the *entire month* is the ENTIRE weekend you came to visit me.
ay yeay yeay!!!!
What does that say about me?!?!

Amanda said...

Awww, this kinda made me sad! I'm sorry for your trubs. But there is an end in sight...I know it!! P.S. That Farmer's Market comment was priceless! So NOT Ruby Dee.

Miss Organizized said...

I finally just read these comments!
Mandsi, interesting about your "end in sight" comment...who knew where the weekend would take us? yipes. DEFINITELY NOT RUBY DEE!!!