Thursday, June 5, 2008

Changing of the moods

It's yet another Rainy Days Thursdays always gettin' me down. At least it isn't 39 outside! I'm just not at my best this week. I find myself walking through this mucky daze, waiting for things to pick up. Maybe it's just the weather, but I was walking back to work at lunch like, get out of this mood, seriously!

#87 - Last night SYTYCD featured an adorable young male dancer by the name of Cooper Zamorano who danced to this gorgeous song...lyrics not on the internet, anywhere. Until this morning of course, as everyone else watching last night was enamored too. "In Your Eyes" by Craig Lyons: An artist who has been featured in dancers' auditions three times now! In fact, Cooper's performance is already up on Craig Lyons' myspace. So at this point, the guy's made in the shade, thank you SYTYCD! His music is way beautiful too. And although mellow and moody, it's just what I needed to lift my spirits. Some of the dissonance in his melodies reminds me of Seal. It's weird, but true. [addition ed. note: very Robbie Williams too]

What's funny is that I was at Barnes last night and I must've listened to a dozen newish albums that have come out, but just couldn't bring myself to buy any of them. Maybe due to sticker shock, perhaps because there are like 398420342 albums due out this summer. I do really like the new ones from Death Cab, REM, and The Futureheads and wouldn't mind owning them (and actually PAYING for them). I purchased the new Portishead through itunes, but "acquired" the new Weezer album here at work. I'm still on the fence about Aimee Mann's new album. And then My Morning Jacket and Coldplay come out in like two seconds...very excited about those two. Anyway, I digress. I'm sure I'll slink back into my cesspool of whatnot soon enough, but for now, here's to the joy that new artists, new albums, and the new season of SYTYCD brings me.

3 comments:

Monica O'Neill said...

blerg. I feel partly (or mainly!!) responsible for your blah mood. I mean, I know other factors have affected you this week. But my bummer train came roaring through your happy town :(
If it makes you feel any better - I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel? No silver lining yet, but I had this long lost feeling of 'hope' for the first time today ;)

Miss Organizized said...

OMG really?!?! I mean, hey, I understand if it is fleeting and you feel sad in the future, but still, that's good news!! And on such a dreary day too wow!!! ;)

But PS, you SO aren't responsible. I think EVERYTHING that has happened to me and most of the people around me lately is making me feel like love is dead. Like it's virtually impossible for two people to get together and be happy. Hopefully that'll change though! Six months, remember?? :)

Monica O'Neill said...

Yup! That's why again, I'm keeping it to myself. Just cuz I had this little glimmer of hope today - doesnt' mean I'm gonna run home and throw a lovefest reunion with Tim. No sirry!!! I'm taking itty bitty babysteps.
And yea, it's a weird time of the year for people to be in a funk. I mean, hello - think of our track records in February!? that makes more sense than early June frumpy-ness?!
Six months, six months!!!
And no matter what, there's next weekend and the weekend after for KATIE & MONICA LOVEFEST!