Friday, June 20, 2008

Glass half...full?

496 days remain. Earlier this week, I should've celebrated my official halfway mark in this crazy project, but I was probably too busy doing one of the items on the list. Undoubtedly the Ninja Report (#89), which is officially complete!! For reasons I won't mention here, I had to put it into overdrive this week. Let's hope my work pays off SOON!

In any case, here's an update of where I'm at with this list:

Completed: 38
In Progress with Nearby Completion Date: 11
In Progress until List End Date: 15
Remaining: 37

YEEHAW! I've completed more than I have left!! Thank GOD or I think I'd be pretty screwed! And I can turn that 38 into a 49 real soon if I get crackin' on all of these open ended tasks. Plus I've got all those summer-y ones that I could complete this year too.

Meanwhile, we're about halfway through the year here as well. I'm kinda hoping things pick back up from here on out. Not that the year has been awful by any means, but I sense some leaf turning on the horizon and I hope it brings good things for everyone who is in their particular mess at the moment (of which there are quite a few, I've noticed!) So let's all take this time to regroup and kick ass in the next six months. SIX MONTHS!

PS I'm also hoping that the next 500.5 days are FAR different from the last 500.5. Again, not that they were awful, but the TWO breakups and various job trubs weren't really a blast. Then again, I went on some rad trips, won a mac, and did some neat creative stuff, so who am I to complain? Glass half full!

2 comments:

Monica O'Neill said...

You have really made great progress! Crazy that it is your halfway mark. It'll feel so weird for you once it's all over.
I enjoy that our mantra - SIX MONTHS is still alive :)
I have a feeling for you, the last 500.5 days vs the upcoming 500.5 days will be as different as night and day! the past SIXTY days have been like night and day compared to the previous months!
SIX MONTHS :)

MyMuse said...

i agree. i will keep hoping the next six months are positive for all who are experiencing troubles in some way or another. i am a "glass half full" type person so i tend to try to keep the hope alive at all times!

katie, good luck with the rest of your list!!