Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Do you remember?!

I cannot believe it's already September. Thank all that is holy, because the summer should really be over soon. The weather has been ideal, especially after the winter we had, but the shenanigans have been plentiful and I need a break! I will say that this summer will go down as one of my favorite summers since Summer '98: post high school graduation, not a care in the world, also lots of shenanigans. It will also go down as one of the most tumultuous summers...full of soaring highs and devastating lows. I don't think I've ever in my life felt such an intense roller coaster of emotions over this length of time (five months straight). I look forward to what I can only hope is a much more calm autumn because at this rate, highs are great and all, but the higher you are, the harder you fall. And speaking of falling hard, I still have one more emotionally exhausting event to get through before the summer ends: my coworker's wedding, which my ex-boyfriend and his girlfriend will be attending. While I'm super excited for my coworker/friend, I cannot even describe how much I'm dreading this evening. It'll be one of the hardest things that I've ever endured. I can only hope that it'll be like running a marathon: takes a lot out of you, but makes you stronger and, um, more interesting? So on that note, wish me luck? ;)

In any case, I have a few updates, so here they are:

#5 - I'm picking away at the Q&A photo interview I mentioned awhile back. Who knew it'd be so difficult?!

#17 - I indulged in a pretty selfish decision the night of my friends Chelsea and Nick's wedding?

#18 - And on that note, I'm cheating a bit crossing this one off, but I don't think I'll get any closer to this task than I did that evening! That's all I'll say ;)

#34 - Nutcracker tickets have been purchased for Sat, Dec 13th!

#45 - I failed miserably at recipes in August. One...that's it. Pathetic. So September's going to be seven total. I wish food didn't cost so much :\

#50 - My atypical item this month will be polenta which isn't produce really, but I've always wanted to cook with it.

#51 - Guilty pleasure will be an oldie but goodie: No fried food.

#54 - I finally got my haircut last week after almost five months!

#68 - I ate like a crazy person the weekend of Chelsea and Nick's wedding: Like five helpings of taco salad at my parents Thursday night; ginormous greasy breakfast at the Pancake House Friday morning; way too much fried fish, fatty chowder soup, and piles of french fries at the rehearsal dinner; another huge greasy breakfast the wedding morning; and MORE fries and gooey Reuben the day after. I felt like I had been starving myself for weeks and I totally just let loose!

#87 - Band/artist of the month happened right at the end when a coworker recommended Love As Laughter...good stuff!

That's all I got! In really awesome news, it's about that time of year when Bucks rolls out the Pumpkin Spice Latte!!! You better believe I'll blog about it too ;)

1 comment:

Drop The Gloves! said...

OMG, Love As Laughter! I love love LOVE this band. Check out their album, Sea to Shining Sea, it's fantastic!

I'm so happy you like these guys!!!!